Stranraer college reopens right after gas leak detected
A primary college in south west Scotland experienced to near immediately after a gas leak was detected.
About 200 pupils moved to Stranraer Academy from Rephad Primary in Stranraer as a outcome of the incident.
It took place on the first day back for small children in Dumfries and Galloway adhering to the Oct holidays.
Dumfries and Galloway Council mentioned all classes at the main college ended up influenced and the web-site reopened on Tuesday as usual.
Waseem Hanif, of gas distribution corporation SGN, claimed they were known as out to the university on Monday morning in their ability as Scotland’s fuel crisis service.
“Our engineers carried out safety checks and designed safe and sound by disconnecting the fuel assistance to the university,” he mentioned.
“The difficulty is with internal pipework as there are no difficulties with our fuel network.”
The council reported pupils experienced been moved to Stranraer Academy as a basic safety technique.
It said contractors had looked at the concern and the faculty was equipped to reopen on Tuesday.
To find out about the courses we have on offer: Click Here
Join the Course: Click Here